Full Day Bookings
Gallery O on H is a flat fee venue only rental. This fee includes exclusive use of the entire Gallery O on H facility with a dedicated venue manager on-site throughout the 8-hour event. All event set-up and breakdown must be completed during this time. Additional time, if required will be billed hourly.
Clients contract directly for any/all vendor services from our preferred vendor list.
A complimentary one-hour rehearsal prior to the event is included.
Maximum capacity for a Gallery O on H event:
- Seated dinner event: 110
- Standing reception: 135
Holding the Date
In order to secure your desired date, a signed contract must be submitted with a deposit of 50% of the rental rate. There are no exceptions for holding rental dates.
- From contract signature to 121 days prior to the event date: Full refund of the deposit.
- From 120 days to 91 days prior to the event date: Loss of 50% of the deposit.
- From 90 days prior to the event date: No refunds are offered.
- All events must end and guests must vacate the property by 11PM.
- Vendors must finish break down, clean up and and removal of any/all rentals by midnight.
Professional Event Planner
Clients are required to hire a licensed professional event planner to be on site from set-up through breakdown of the event.
Clients select and contract directly with Caterers and Vendors from our preferred vendor listing.
- Live music is allowed but db levels must comply with monitored sound levels.
- Clients supply and monitor their ownSpotify playlist using our integrated SONOS sound system.
- The Gallery does NOT provide technical services or equipment.
- All event decorations MUST be removed without leaving any damage. Nothing may be hung/ taped to the walls.
- Open flames are NOT permitted anywhere on the venue. Sparklers may ONLY be used on the Courtyard if it is NOT tented.
- Clean up related to the event set-up (i.e. flowers, accessories, packing and delivery materials) is the responsibility of the Client.
- The painted tables/chairs in the Garage/Bar are available for rental by the Client and may be used anywhere on the property during the event. If these items are moved from the Garage Bar they MUST be cleaned and returned to the same area by the end of the event.
- Moving/replacing these items is the responsibility of the Client. This furniture should appear on the floor plan and should be discussed during the final walk thru.
- No balloons, paint, paper or metallic confetti, glitter or streamers are permitted.
- Plants, planters or objects supporting plants may NOT be moved or altered.
- If Client wishes to alter the configuration of the fixed planter boxes on the Courtyard steps, an additional landscaping fee will be assessed.
- None of the furniture in any of the buildings (1354,-1350-52) on either floor may be removed.
- Artwork anywhere in the venue may NOT be moved, covered or substituted under any circumstances.
- Client(s) may select any caterer from the Venue’s Preferred Vendor List.
- Caterer MUST be a full-service, and DC licensed. All of the required certifications must be supplied at least 3 weeks prior to the event.
- Caterers must have a current DC catering license and a current ABRA certification.
- Time for set-up, break-down and clean-up MUST be included within the event booking hours.
- Caterer is responsible for the set-up, break-down and clean-up of the catered site including the kitchen and Courtyard and the Garage Bar area.
- Time for set-up, break-down and clean-up MUST be included within the event booking hours or are subject to a per hour additional fee.
- The caterer must be on-site for the entire event through breakdown.
- All vendors MUST supply a certificate insurance (COI) to the Venue. Gallery O on H LLC must be listed as an additional insured on the Client’s general liability policy for the duration of the event.
- All items MUST be DELIVERED and REMOVED during the event booking hours on the same day as the event.
- No items may be stored or left overnight at the venue.
- Caterers and other key vendors are required to participate in a Venue walk-thru within 30 days of the event.
- All event waste MUST be sorted between trash and recyclable materials. Trash and recyclables (including cardboard that is broken down) must be disposed of in the designated dumpster.
Alcohol & Spirits
- Clients MUST provide their own alcohol licensing for the day. This is best accomplished through the caterer or a mobile bartending company. A valid DC ABRA license is required to serve alcohol to your guests.
- Clients may NOT bring their own alcoholic beverages of any kind.
- Alcohol may NOT be served to minors.
- Guests may not self-serve.
- Alcohol cannot be sold to guests or attendees.
- Alcohol cannot be served without food service.
- At any time if the Venue staff deems alcohol consumption to be excessive, the staff has the authority to close-down the service and/or evict inebriated guests from the premises.
- Load-in is only through the alley entrance of the rear gate behind the Courtyard of 1354 H Street.
- Delivery vehicles cannot block the alley and must be parked tight to the fence to allow alley traffic to pass. (This is a mandated regulation of the DCFD.)
- Immediately after drop-off/load out all vehicles must be MOVED either to a paid valet spot or street parking.
SONOS Sound System
- The Venue is equipped with a SONOS Sound System compatible with the Client’s Spotify playlist.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to provide and monitor their playlist. Venue does not serve as or offer DJ services for the event.
- The Venue reserves the right to request that any person or group of people acting in an unruly manner or contrary to the rental regulations leave the premises.
- Assistance from law enforcement agencies may be required if this request is not honored.
- To comply with the City’s sound ordinances, and to respect our neighbors, music in the Courtyard must remain at a decibel level below 60 decibels in the alleyway behind the Courtyard fence. This requirement generally allows for 70-80 decibels inside the Courtyard. The sound level is strictly monitored and enforced by the Venue staff.
- Storage is NOT provided and all property must be dropped off and removed during the hours of your event booking.
- Gallery is NOT responsible for loss or damage of any items left behind after the booking hours for your event.
Items NOT removed are subject to disposal or a daily storage fee. Gallery is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The schedule for the Installation and removal of tent(s) must be approved by the venue and must be accomplished during the hours of the rental period. If additional time is required this will be billed hourly. A representative of the client must be on-site for the removal of the tent.
Parking & Valet Service
- Gallery O on H does not have parking facilities.
- Valet services are available through a private outside contractor (H Street Valet) and are NOT included in your contract.
- For these services Clients should contact H Street Valet to coordinate your required parking needs including date, time frame and the number of cars. Refer to the Preferred Vendor List for contact information.